9/25/2022 Worship Service and Sermon: Why Did God Give The Ten Commandments - Exodus 19:9, 16-18, 20:1-22

Join us for worship! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9STtJNcfPU 9/25/2022 Worship Service and Sermon from Brick Lane Community Church in Elverson, PA. Worship Leader: Matt Carter Speaker: TJ Waldy Scripture: Exodus 19:9, 16-18, 20:1-22 Title: Why Did God Give The Ten Commandments Notes: 1. God gave the Ten Commandments to reveal His character A. God's Holiness B. God's Goodness C. God's Humble Immanence 2. God gave the Ten Commandments to expose Human Nature A. We are unholy B. We are presumptuous C. We don't want to be made holy by God 3. God gave the Ten Commandments to exalt His mediator A. Moses at Mount Sinai B. Christ at Calvary Closing Contemplation: And Can it Be, that I should Gain? (Charles Wesley) And can it be that I should gain an interest in the Savior's blood? Died He for me, who caused His pain? For me, who Him to death pursued? Amazing love! How can it be that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me? He left His Father's throne above, so free, so infinite His grace; Emptied Himself of all but love, and bleed for Adam's helpless race; 'Tis mercy all, immense and free, for O my God, it found out me! No condemnation now I dread; Jesus, and all in Him is mine! Alive in Him, my living Head, and clothed in righteousness divine, Bold I approach the eternal throne, and claim the crown, through Christ my own. #bricklanecommunitychurch #elverson #pennsylvania #worship #sermon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7/30/2023 Worship Service and Sermon: Suffering and Safety in Christ - Romans 8:18-28